Friday, 13 December 2013

Review: Bitter Fruits by Sarah Daltry

4 Stars
"Don't deny how you feel; I feel it, too. It's foolish to pretend there is nothing between us."



A vampire themed masquerade ball isn't really her scene, but Nora is sick of frat parties and bars. When she meets Alec, the appeal suddenly becomes clear. It's obvious that they've been struck by the same intense mutual attraction, but Alec keeps his distance. Intrigued despite herself, Nora pushes a little deeper-and discovers Alec's unimaginable secret...

Nora is not afraid of following Alec into the darkness, but the choice is soon taken from her. Someone is hunting her-someone tied to the secret and desperate to see it play out. But when Nora finally meets her aggressor, she finds herself hopelessly drawn to him. She needs to make a choice between the two men, but can she save them both, knowing one is destined to die.



**Copy provided generously by Netgalley**

I didn't know what to expect from this book, the blurb sounded great and intriguing, it was getting rave reviews so when I seen a copy of it on Netgalley I thought why not and hope to be accepted.

The story starts off with Nora and her roommate Scarlett getting ready to go a masquerade ball being held at an old church on campus being held by a group heavily into vampires. It is here that she meets Alec and is instantly drawn to him and ready to find a nook in the church to get it on!!! The attraction is mutual then along comes comes Caleb a more handsome and more intense brother who surprise surprise she wants to get it on with him also.



Now that characters I have no idea what team I'm on i kept thinking through the whole book what about Alec I get she loves 2 guys which is fine that can work and then crap goes down and you do things for both of them and would sacrifice yourself if you had to. I think I'm team Alec as much as I loved Caleb there was something about Alec. I love Nora's sarcastic nature, she is deeply loyal to not only the brothers but her best friend Scarlett she is a person I would love to be friends with. At times I just wanted to yell at her WAKE UP!!! just stop and listen instead of just running into it but that's Nora's nature. 

I absolutely loved the mythology side to all this the Cain and Able, Adam and Eve, Lilith and how it all came about and all the different interactions of them, Miss Daltry made is easy to follow which was a big help and also Nora's professor Henry who was a great addition to the story, this book has everything vampires, children eating demons all tied in with the history and mythology of where and how it started. 

If your into all that and its not over the top like you find in some books then i definitely recommend this book and I'm looking forward to where book 2 takes us.



No comments:

Post a Comment