Friday, 6 December 2013

Review: A Workplace Affair by Isabella Rae

4 Stars
"Best idea I've ever had, was you."



There are those once in a lifetime opportunities that come along, that in your wildest dreams would never happen to you. When independent Victoria Bryant's opportunity comes, a climb up the corporate ladder turns into an affair with the owner. Now she must make decisions that will change her life forever. Will she choose to forgive the man she's grown to love, or watch him walk away and give up everything that might have been...

When Leland Ambrose started his company he was young and in charge, but when he meets Victoria, he discovers a weakness he hadn't counted on. A weakness so great his company could pay the price. Will he stand up for the woman he loves, or protect the company he's worked so hard to build.


Firstly I want to say if I had a boss like Leland I would so go back to work. I loved that there were no bullshit pasts to work get over, crazy exes coming out the woodwork and try to screw things up for the couple. 

Victoria is loving, looks after her friends, feisty, loyal which are all characteristics I love in a person. She and her best friend Sage from school who came back into her life after her marriage breakup are awesome, the way she helped Sage after the downfall breakup I can only hope I have a friend like Victoria, and not to mention Nick and Carter who I adored.

Now to Leland oh my goodness!!! I want a Leland doesn't have to be rich or any of that but just be the type of person who goes after what he wants. He isn't the usual over the top billionaire who is crazy alpha which isn't bad but its refreshing to read a main male character who is going to go bat shit crazy over stupid shit. 




From there first face to face meeting you could feel the sexual tension between the two and you were just waiting for the fireworks, and boy did Miss Rae deliver. As I said above there was no crazy pasts or exes to contend with, just normal relationship complications coming from dating a very rich man, him buying you a whole new wardrobe and whatever else you happened to look at lol. 

There was really only one part where I wanted to slap Victoria to wake her up even though I understood where she was coming from but not giving Leland the chance he needed to explain I was like damn woman just shut up listen think rationally and lets fix this cuz you two are supposed to be god damn it!!! I loved the ending I'm looking forward to reading Sage's story in book 2 hope to see more of Leland and Victoria.  




No comments:

Post a Comment