Friday, 31 January 2014

REVIEW: That's A Promise By Victoria Klahr

5 STARS
" I choose to live and move on...That's a fucking promise"





This book is book one in a three part series.

Happily ever after doesn't exist. Not just in the romantic sense, but in the sense that there will never be a point in life that will contain no more obstacles.

Josie Sommers is a nerdy twenty four year old, elementary school teacher who has always considered herself a strong person. But with the loss of a loved one and return of someone she vowed to never see again, her strength starts to break.

When he betrayed her in the ultimate way, she never thought she would let him back into her life. let alone open herself up to falling in love with him.

Plagued with resentment and the burden of her own dishonesty, Josie has to decide if forgiving and coming clean is worth the risk of losing him again. With so many hurdles, we know that Josie's story is no fairytale.

That's a promise.


Firstly I want to thank the author Victoria Klahr for providing me a copy.

Ok where to start? I found Victoria while rummaging through social media wasting time, and I'm so glad that I did. This book will take you on a journey of ups and downs make you feel hurt, sad, happy, love, trying to decide if you can forgive the characters for there lies and misplaced obstacles and you know you can because you can't help but love them.

We start with meeting Josie she loves to read and is pretty much a nerd, she is a little firecracker not afraid to get up in your face and proceed to punch you in said face which is what I loved about her, she hasn't had an easy life things have happened that you wish couldn't happen to anyone. After some healing and with the help of her best friend Seth she overcomes but doesn't forget about what happened. 

They go off to college where she meets Blake Porter, and oh my swoon!!! For the record I am Team Blake all the way never faulted he is gorgeous, caring, understanding everything you want in a man in my opinion. 

The story goes back and forth from the past to present, so you can get the back story of what is going on in the now, which I liked but sometimes I just wanted to keep reading about what was going on in the present. Throughout you knew something was going to happen and you guess which some of the time came true and others through you for a loop which made me want to keep going there is a sort of love triangle between Josie, Blake and her best friend Seth but it wasn't the focal point of the book which was great.

I'm kinda scared where Victoria is going to take this story the ending was fantastic and that freaking epilogue left me hanging off a god damn cliff and I want the second book like right now :) as I said I'm Team Blake but you should defiently read this book and see who's team your on you won't regret it THAT'S A PROMISE!!!






I'm a devoted book nerd who is dedicated to ALWAYS reading! I am a wife and mother to a three year old little girl. My husband and I have been together for almost five years, and I love that he is my biggest supporter. He makes it possible for me to be a stay at home mother, student, and a writer! I have a passion for reading and writing and I have put my heart into every word I write.


No comments:

Post a Comment