Friday, 21 February 2014

REVIEW: Accepted Fate By Charisse Reid






What do you do when everything you had planned out for yourself gets changed in one summer? Do you embrace the new or fight to keep things the same?

For seventeen year old Kinzleigh everything was going just as she always planned. She had great friends, went to a school she loved, and always knew she was destined for greatness. One step already completed towards acquiring the job she has forever dreamed of, a pro football cheerleader. Nothing and no one was going to stand in her way, especially not love. What she doesn't expect is for her parents to suddenly change everything and send her spiralling into a life she didn't want for herself, especially after meeting one blue eyed boy she can't stop dreaming about. Her life is changing at every turn. She is learning that sometimes life has different plans than our own. When she finally accepts the hand fate has dealt, everything is ripped from her once again.

Can she accept the ugly fat that was chosen for her or will she fight to once again accept it.



First I would like to say thanks to Charisse for giving me an opportunity to read her ARC.

Where to start?? I had to wait a few hours before I could start to even think about writing a review for this book, to get my emotions in check my head on straight and wipe the tears and whatever else was off my face.

Unexpected feelings, happy, sad, annoyed, wanting to bitch slap a few characters, love, overwhelming and as I said above ugly crying from the likes I haven't done since reading Falling Into You by Jasinda Wilder.

This is Charisse's debut and what an awesome debut it is. 

We first meet Kinzleigh Baker she is cheerleader and knows what she wants to do with her life and nothing will get in her way especially not love. She has her reasons someone close to her was hurt by love losing someone so she closed off her heart and emotions to everyone but her family and close friends. She doesn't date even though everyone wants her and they try and try but no one breaks through the cage around her heart. At times I felt sad for her that she didn't want to experience that even though she only seventeen not everyone meets there soul mate so young but they do have some fun but she has her head screwed on and it ain't coming loose anytime soon. 
I loved how independent she was striving for what she wants, but even though she and her family are well off she doesn't seem it throw it in your face. Her best friend Presley is awesome, she is the total opposite to Kinzleigh she is outgoing, loves boys and sex. They balance each other out and have being friends since they were babies as there mums are best friends.

One day Presley drags her down to the beach for some fun there are a bunch of boys some she knows others she doesn't not that it interests her. Then bam volleyball smacks her in the face and here we meet the swoon worthy, southern blued eyed hottie who is totally on of my book boyfriends Breyson Abercrombie.

Breyson, Breyson, Breyson.. what is there to say? Gorgeous, football player, country boy, southern manners,and those blue eyes. He is similar to Kinzleigh in the way he also doesn't believe in love and therefore is a man whore, player however you want to describe him. Maybe it's his southern upbringing but you fall in love with him straight away. He is in  California to visit his cousin Ryland. (Can I just put this out there I love the names of the characters, so therefore if I have another baby you are naming it Charisse!!!)
They meet and Kinzleigh starts having this feelings not love but maybe call in interest in the opposite sex which has never happened to her before.

It was so much fun watching these two beautiful people come out of there shells and take a chance, it isn't easy along the way, there are obstacles, people trying to break them up but also the feelings they have like I said they both don't believe in love so to watch them grow and go through it together was beautiful. 

Charisse pulls you into the story you just keep turning that page to see what will happen next but also to see what is going on with the secondary characters, I loved them all her family, his family there friends with the exception of 2 people I just wanted to slap them and tell them to BACK OFF!! It is detailed all the way through the looks, clothes, feelings it feels like your watching a movie. there isn't a dull moment through out the whole book it captures you and your stuck with nothing to be done but finish the book to see what happens. 

You all know what happened to me at the end!! The ugly crying and I mean it was ugly haven't done that in such a long time I was messaging Charisse near the end freaking out because I knew something was going to happen but no idea what until your there and GOD DAMN!!! The ending is original which I loved but it rips you in half and leaves you lying there broken, and wanting more, which is the best feeling you can have reading a book. This one makes you feel every emotion and its the best feeling in the world. I can't wait for book 2 to come out and will be keeping an eye on Charisse for any little bit she throws our way, I recommend this book with my whole heart it's a must read .

  "Does it take everyone that long?" Her face flushes at the question.

I glance at her lips being sucked in between her teeth. I love how her innocence shows. I meet her her eyes with my own. 

"Only if you're dealing with a real man. A real man cares about the pleasure of his woman and not his own. A real man waits on his woman to be satiated before he is himself. A real man holds out as long as necessary. Only a boy is concerned with his own pleasure being met."

5 Overwhelming, Beautiful STARS


I developed a passion for reading I never would have imagined a year ago when I started reading through the kindle app on my iPad. Any chance I have free time and I'm not with my daughter or husband I have a book in my hand. With the help of a fellow author friend, Victoria Ashley author of Wake Up Call I discovered I want to edit romance books. I am currently writing my first book, Accepted Fate hopefully to be released in February 2014. I absolutely love writing and editing. I owe a special thanks to Victoria. 

No comments:

Post a Comment