Wednesday, 9 April 2014

REVIEW: Knowing Jack by Rachel Curtis



I am not a slut, although I’ve been called one often enough. Yeah, I spent three months screwing one of my college professors, but I was crazy about the guy. Then he broke up with me.

I am not a bitch, although people like to say I am. I kept our relationship secret. I’m not responsible for telling the university administrators about it, but a lot of students still blame me for getting their favorite professor fired.

I am not a drama queen, although everyone thinks I am now. When I got a few nasty messages, I just deleted them. When I got the threat, I assumed it was someone being stupid. I still think that’s all it was. My parents worry, though, so they hired me a bodyguard. Now Jack follows me around, intimidating everyone who approaches me and looking obnoxiously hot.

This is what I am. I’m Chloe. I’m a twenty-year-old art history major. Kind of shy, although I pretend not to be. Stubborn enough to stay here for my senior year, even though everyone hates me.

And I’m stuck with Jack.

He calls me “Princess,” but I’m not a princess either.



I received this ARC from Netgalley in exchange for an honest review.

Knowing Jack is a short book that centers around Chloe who comes back to school in her senior year after having a fling with her professor who gets fired and she begins getting death threats enter Jack.

Jack is Chloe's bodyguard who her parents hired for her after refusing to change schools and wants to finish her senior year she will just have to do it will Jack trailing behind her. Jack is arrogant, moody, brooding, and has the book goes on and even when he is all these things he is swoon worthy. Something happened to him 7 years ago and he hasn't being able to let it go ever since and he thinks he doesn't deserve happiness especially with Chloe.

They want each other, you feel the chemistry between the two but Jack's inner turmoil with what happened, his morals for the getting involved with the person he is trying to protect. Then all of a sudden comes someone else, someone who seems to not hate or blame Chloe for what happened between her and the school's favorite professor. Kent wants to take Chloe out but that also means Jack has to tag along and he is not a happy camper. 

Even with Kent in the picture Chloe is just not feeling it thanks to her feelings for Jack, which just screws them around even more while trying to figure out who keeps sending her threatening messages and now even a page to humiliate her has being put up.

I didn't realize there would be another book I thought it was a short story so when I got to the end I was like WTF this can't be the end it's a cliffhanger not a huge one but one where you want to know how Chloe and Jack's story continues, hoping they get there HEA.

This was a sweet short read I enjoyed it if your after a quick read with a couple of twists and turns but nothing over the top then this book is for you.

4 STARS



No comments:

Post a Comment